Brow lamination is all the rage right now but do you really know what it is?
Sometimes our brow hairs are not quite as cooperative as we’d like them to be. A close look in the mirror might reveal brow hairs that are unruly, growing in an odd direction, or you might even see missing patches of brow hairs. Another common problem we see is with curly or wavy brow hairs. These uncooperative brow hairs may make your brows seem thin or sparse (creating what looks like a gap in your brow) when in reality its just brow hairs not laying flat against the brow bone.
Something else to consider is that when we age, our once lush brows in our younger years simply become thinner. If previously tweezed too thinly they may not have even grown back in.
Needless to say, all of the problems mentioned could wreak havoc on overall brow appearance. This is where brow lamination comes to the rescue.
What is a brow lamination?
The brow lamination process works much like a perm but instead of permanently curling, the brow lash process permanently straightens brow hair so that they lay flat on the brow bone (in place of growing in a odd direction). The process, in a nutshell, involves applying straightening lotion, shaping the brow hair in the desired direction allowing the solution to cure and straighten the brow hairs, and finally removing the solution. (A more detailed step-by-step is included below).
How does it make brows appear longer and fuller?
Well, now that the brow hairs are all working in unison and laying flattened on the brow bone, you can begin to picture brows that appear longer, fuller, and patches that were once missing brows hairs are covered. The goal achieved by a brow lamination is to straighten and elongate brow hairs to give the appearance of sleek, brushed-up brows with the added benefit of keeping your brows in shape for up to 6 weeks with the proper after care.
Brow Lamination vs. Microbladed Brows
So, you can achieve that same polished brow look with brow lamination as you can with microbladed brows because eyebrow hairs can be shaped uniformly following the same direction. Brow lamination is unlike microbladed brows in that individual brow hairs are not etched and dyed into your brow (as with microblading). Brow lamination reshapes your own brow hair. Also keep in mind that microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo. Whereas, brow lamination is your own brow hair reshaped to lay flat on the brow bone. If you are contemplating microblading but afraid to take the plunge (and the hit to your pocketbook), brow lamination maybe a great solution because its less discomforting, takes less time and is less expensive. Upkeep on your brow lamination will be less too!
How long does the brow lamination last?
Brow laminations can last up to 6 weeks or more with proper care. We suggest these after care recommendations to extend the longevity of your brow lamination.
Brow Lamination After Care
Did you know? After your brow lamination, your lash and brow hair is still pliable for up to 48 hours. During this crucial time, hair being bent in the wrong direction can potentially stay that way until it grows out. If you want your brows looking great for as long as possible, following these simple tips increases the longevity of your brow lamination.
SIMPLE AFTER CARE TIPS
- Gently comb brows daily. (a mini brow brush is provided with your brow lamination)
- Do not rub or scrub brow hair.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach or side for 48 hours.
- No oil-based cleansers, makeup removers, or creams. We recommend the Rhonda Allison Soothing Milk Cleanse.
- Avoid steam, showers, sauna, dishwashers.
- Avoid any brow growth serums.
What can I expect during my brow lamination visit?
- Our Certified Brow Lamination Specialist will begin by providing a thorough consultation with you to determine the look you are trying to achieve. It could be a bolder-looking brow or a more natural subtle brow.
- We then perform a patch test to check for any allergies or sensitivities to the lifting cream (a plant-based keratin alternative straightening cream by Elleebana).
- After passing the allergy test, we will begin the procedure by cleaning the brows, the brow area, and marking out the shape that best suits your face shape and brows. We may also tweeze the brows to remove stray hairs.
- Then our Certified Brow Lamination Specialist will use an applicator to apply the lifting cream onto the brows. The cream breaks the hair bond and relaxes the hair cuticles, allowing them to manipulate the brow hair into a new shape.
- After the application, we will brush the hair in a uniform direction.
- We will then cover the area with plastic wrap for several minutes. This will vary depending on a person’s brow texture.
- Next, we will remove the lotion and apply a solution to set the hair in its new place and shape.
- Next, we will remove all traces of the product.
- Next, we will tint your brow lashes to your preferred tone. (A Brow Lash Tinting is not normally included but we include it with our Brow Lamination!)
- Lastly, we will apply ELLEEPLEX ReGEN formula to replenish the eyebrow’s moisture and to condition them plus it provides all of these added benefits:
- promotes healthy hair growth
- boosts moisture content and protects
- combats premature hair loss
- stimulates growth with protection against damage
- strengthens the hair shaft
- eliminates dryness and hair stress.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for Brow Lamination?
- You can not receive a Brow Lamination if you are pregnant
- If you have Alopecia
- Excessively thin brows
- If you are undergoing any chemotherapy
- Visible scabs and sores on or around the eyes
- Week brow hairs (brittle and fragile)
Further Contraindications for client’s comfort
- You can not sit still
- You are claustrophobic
- Allergies / Hay Fever
- Contact Lenses – be sure to remove
How much does Brow Lamination cost?
How Much time does it take?
- 35 – 45 minutes
Meet your Certified ELLEEBANA Brow Lamination Specialist…
- Heather Child – Certified ELLEEBANA Brow Lamination Specialist
Introductory Offer from now until Nov. 30th Brow Lamination will be offered for $99.00
(please mention code: BROWLAMMY99)
How should I prepare for my Brow Lamination appointment?
- Remember, no makeup is best and especially no eye makeup.
- If you have false eyelashes, make sure to remove them.
- Remove any contact lenses.
- Wear comfortable clothing so that you can relax and unwind because are beds our super-comfy and heated.
How do I reserve my Brow Lamination?
Simply click on the “Request Appointment” button —————–>
Remember to put CODE: BROWLAMMY99 in comments section
Call (302) 656-8660