Microneedling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy) is a treatment that improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, stretch marks, acne scars and any scars on the face or body. Microneedling makes tiny perforations in the skin through the use of a hand-held device containing very small needles or micro needles.
Once made, these tiny perforations signal the body to start it’s own natural repair cycle which then activates the production of collagen and elastin; the body’s way of healing and repairing the skin. A wonderful by-product of this self-repairing mechanism is the formation of collagen and elastin to the damaged areas which produces firmer, younger, plumper skin. This self-repairing property of the skin is a 100% natural form of skin renewal from the inside out.
Since microneedling enhances the production of collagen, it can reverse the signs of sun damage, lessen the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks and hyper-pigmentation or dark spots. Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced and an overall healthier appearance of the skin occurs. Multiple microneedling treatments has the ability to reverse the signs of aging.
Microneedling offers a minimally invasive low-cost solution to improving the appearance and texture of the skin.
What is Rejuvepen Microneedling and why is it better?
√ Rejuvapen Microneedling is the act of performing a micro-needling treatment with a device called the Rejuvepen. It is the preferred device and micro-needling treatment used exclusively at Fabrizio Urban Retreat Spa.√
√ The Rejuvepen offers many advantages over its conventional predecessors. The Rejuvepen utilizes 9 precisely spaced micro needles in a small cartridge to create invisible, vertical, micro-perforations into the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis.
√ Another advantage of the Rejuvapen compared to other treatments is that it not only activates cell regeneration, it also enhances the absorption of active ingredients of cosmeceutical products into the skin during the treatment before the skin closes. We like to apply a human cell growth factor serum to boost new skin cell reproduction to yield even better results. Your skin becomes firmer and regains its elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become firmer, circulation is stimulated and the overall condition of the skin improves. But don’t believe us, according to a 2008 study, skin treated with four microneedling sessions spaced one month apart produced up to a 400% increase in collagen and elastin six months after completing treatment.
The conclusion of this study:
“Percutaneous collagen induction was started in 1997 and has proved to be a simple and fast method for safely treating wrinkles and scars. As opposed to ablative laser treatments, the epidermis remains intact and is not damaged. For this reason, the procedure can be repeated safely and is also suited to regions where laser treatments and deep peels cannot be performed.”
The Rejuvepen vs. Dermaroller
• Do not confuse the current handheld dermarollers on the market with the microneedling treatments that are offered at Fabrizio Salon & Urban Retreat Spa. The handheld version that looks like a miniature paint roller with lots of tiny needles that is gently rolled in different directions over the surface of skin is not the same.
• Also, be wary of dermaroller needles being bent, dull, or not properly maintained. You run the risk of infection or damaging skin that can lead to scarring.
• With many microneedling devices flooding the market, be cautious of day spas and medi-spas using poor-quality instruments because it can lead to breakage of needles in the skin. Some devices have tips with poor quality filters, weak motors or poor quality cordless motors that loose power quickly which prevents uniform micro-incisions and leads to skin tearing. Rejuvapen has the most powerful motor allowing for precision control, needle drag reduction which results in creating uniform micro incisions. Uniform micro-incisions lead to less downtime, greater comfort, and superior efficacy.
• Rejuvepen has a built-in HEPA filter to provide a barrier against contamination.
Am I a good candidate for Microneedling?
You are not a good candidate for microneedling if:
- you have active acne as there is a possible risk of infection
- you are pregnant or nursing
- you have raised or keloid scarring
- you have a history of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic disease or conditions
- you have a history of actinic (solar) keratosis
- you have a history of Herpes Simplex infections or impetigo
- you have a history of diabetes
- presence of raised moles, warts or any raised lesions on targeted area
- if you are a patient on chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- if you have Rosacea
- if you have blood clotting disorders or are on any blood thinning medications or therapy like warfarin, heparin, as it can cause uncontrolled bleeding
- if you are a hemophiliac
What can I expect during the Rejuvepen Microneedling treatment?
The whole procedure is normally completed within 90 minutes depending on the required treatment and the anatomical site. Our licensed Estheticians will perform a detailed Microneedling Consultation which includes explaining the treatment, the risks and benefits, how many recommended treatments to reach targeted results, before we gain your consent. The treatment then includes a microdermabrasion of the area for better numbing creme absorption, the application of topical anesthetic to numb your skin and ensure your comfort. After removing the numbing creme with a gentle cleanser, your skin is now ready for several passes with the Rejuvapen. It will puncture the skin’s epidermis layers and create minute sub-cutaneous injuries. These microscopic wounds close within 3-5 minutes, but that’s enough time to stimulate new collagen deposition which may last up to a year. During the open timeframe, we will apply a human cell growth factor serum to further boost and stimulate the production of new skin cells. You may experience some pain, particularly around the sensitive areas of your face such as around the eyes and the upper lip.
What are the side effects? What will my skin look like after a treatment?
After the procedure, your skin will show signs of redness or erythema and will appear similar to moderate sunburn but do not worry. We will apply a light, breathable foundation to conceal the redness. This foundation can be purchased for further at-home use. There may be some slight swelling. However, the redness and swelling will begin to subside 24-48 hours after the treatment. By day 3 the erythema and swelling will subside and the skin takes on a pink color. During this phase, there will barely be any evidence that the procedure has taken place. During the first 3 days, you will also experience some skin tightness, dryness and mild sensitivity to touch on the areas that have been treated. This diminishes greatly following the treatment and over the next 2-3 days. We will recommend a gentle facial cleanser, a cell regenerating serum, a copper repair cream to help soothe and heal the skin, and broad-spectrum sun protection cream to protect the skin and enhance results.
Does Rejuvepen Microneedling hurt? What will I expect it to feel like?
Rejuvapen micro-needling is designed to be as painless as possible. The needle tip is designed to be incredibly thin, while the handheld device delivers needle injections as quickly and as rapidly as possible. As a result, many patients often report feeling little to no pain. There are those who do report discomfort and indicate that it feels like a mild tingling sensation. Then again, there are those who report it as very painful.
Please keep in mind, however, that we can adjust the depth level of the microneedles to minimize pain and customize each treatment session. You can request a low depth penetration level for your comfort during your first session – however, the results may not be as dramatic in comparison to a deeper penetration setting.
Lastly, to help better manage any pain or discomfort, remember we apply a numbing cream to the treatment area before the procedure begins and know that we perform a microdermabrasion treatment to the same area for better penetration of the numbing cream.
Rejuvepen Microneedling Before / After Photos
Rejuvepen Microneedling Pricing
FACE – includes skin prep + microdermabrasion through the face for more effective penetration of numbing agent, application of numbing cream, microneedling, application of human stem cell / growth factor serum, application of protective foundation, personalized at-home care recommendation and regime.
Single Session – $400
Series of 4 – $1200 (Save $100 per session)
Series of 8 $2400 (Save $100 per session)
Neck – includes skin prep + microdermabrasion throughout the neck for more effective penetration of numbing agent, application of a numbing cream, microneedling, application of human stem cell growth factor serum, application of protective foundation, personalized at-home care recommendation and regime.
Single Session – $250
Series of 4 – $600 (Save $100 per session)
Series of 8 – $1200 (Save $100 per session)
A deeply regenerating treatment that targets and plumps pre-maturely aging skin by combining the penetration power of microneedling and an infusion of a Swiss-formulated complex containing hyaluronic acid, vitamins, amino acids, and peptides specially formulated for mature skin.
This treatment first begins with a skin prep and cleanse by way of microdermabrasion to remove deeply embedded surface debris, dead skin cells and to open pores. Doing so allows for better penetration of our Meso Age-line Complex. We then perform a Rejuvepen Microneedling session to stimulate your body’s own collagen boosting repair system while infusing the Age-line Complex.
Enjoy an immediate beautiful and healthy glow. As days pass, you’ll notice a tighter and firmer complexion. We recommend a series of treatments every 2 – 4 weeks for best results.
Single Session – $250
Series of 3 – $600 (Save $50 per session)
Series of 6 – $1200 (Save $50 per session)
Top Reasons to Schedule Microneedling
- Produces younger-looking skin.
- Assists in regaining facial elasticity.
- Improves facial firmness.
- Improves your facial texture and appearance.
- Reduces the appearance of scarring due to acne.
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks on the body.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines around the eyes.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines above the lips.
- Reduces the appearance of frown lines.
- Costs much less than more invasive surgical procedures.
- Best results after consecutive treatments.
Awards & Accolades
Let our reputation speak for itself.